Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
In general, we collect information about you when you access or use or Services for the purpose of providing the Services, identifying and communicating with you regarding the Services, responding to your requests and inquiries, and improving our Services.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (”Personal Information”);
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as information about orders you have placed, quantities, frequency, etc.
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or Services (e.g. placing an order for products through or website and/or creating an account with us through our Website), subscribing to our Service, requesting further Services, or contacting us with questions regarding our Website or Service(s). We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Information you provide us about others, for example, when you refer friends about our Services, in which case we may contact them at the phone number or email address provided, inviting the friend to use or access our Services. The Fresh Gourmet Company stores this information for the purpose of sending emails and tracking the success of our referral program. Individuals who receive these messages can contact us at the information below to unsubscribe or to request that we remove this information from our database.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may collect information that your browser sends to us automatically whenever you visit our Services ("Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the type and version of your browser, the type and version of your operating system, the time and date of your visit, the pages of our Services that you visit and the other statistics such as the time you spent on the pages you visited on our Services. We may also collect information via cookies, as explained below.
Cookies (or browser cookies).
We do not collect personal information automatically, and generally, we do not link the information provided by your browser to your Personal Information. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
For example, we use a third party service provide called Shopify to process payments for orders placed through the Website. Shopify may use certain cookies, apps or tracking technologies (e.g. Shopify uses Apps with tracking technologies such as Orderimp, ShipStation and SkuVault), the use of which is governed by their own terms and conditions. In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze Log Data in order to increase our Service's functionality.
The information these third parties collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
In general, we collect information about you for the purpose of providing and administering our Services, identifying and communicating with you regarding the Services, responding to your requests or inquiries, and improving our Website and Services.
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or Services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your transactions and orders through our Website, or about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or Services we offer or provide though it.
- To verify your identity, deter and prevent fraud, and enforce the legal terms that govern your use of the Services.
- To better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services; and to Research, survey and engage with you (e.g. by sending you communications for these purposes, including via email or phone)
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot the Services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
As detailed above, we may use information we collect about you, including Personal Information to contact you regarding our Services, or with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interests to you, or to send you records regarding our relationship and transactions or notifications of activity through different channels, such as email, mail or phone. If you no longer wish to receive communications from us regarding our Website or the Services, you may opt out by contacting us at the information provided below.
Disclosure of your Information
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform specific tasks on our behalf and are contractually obligated not to disclose or use your information for any other purpose.
We may also disclose your personal information (a) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; (b) to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; or (c) if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Fresh Gourmet Company, our customers, or others.
Personal Information that is collected from you will be retained or destroyed as necessary to provide our Services according to company requirements and/or local laws. We maintain reasonable administrative, physical and technological measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Information you submit on or through this Site. Unfortunately, no website, server or database is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Do Not Track Disclosure
The Fresh Gourmet Company does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track ("DNT") signals. However, some third party sites or third party service providers do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, most web browsers allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. For example, if you are using Safari you can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Only persons age 18 or older have permission to access our Website and Service(s). Our Website and Service(s) do not address anyone under the age of thirteen (13) ("Children"). We do not knowingly collect Personally Information from children under thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children under age thirteen (13) without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.